Search results will open in a new window on TMXMoney.com.

TMX Group Consolidated Trading Statistics - December 2013

January 6, 2014

TMX Group Limited today announced December 2013 trading statistics for its diversified group of marketplaces - Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, TMX Select, Alpha, Montreal Exchange (MX) and Natural Gas Exchange (NGX).

Trading volume on Toronto Stock Exchange in December 2013 increased 2% compared to November 2013, but decreased 3% compared to December 2012. In 2013, total trading volume was down 6% compared to 2012.

Volume on TSX Venture Exchange increased 11% in December 2013 compared to the previous month, and increased 5% compared to December 2012. Total trading volume in 2013 decreased 16% compared to 2012.

Trading volume on TMX Select in December 2013 increased 31% compared to the previous month, and increased 101% compared to December 2012. Total trading volume in 2013 increased 21% compared to 2012.

Alpha trading volume in December 2013 increased 8% compared to November 2013, but was down 30% compared to the same month a year earlier. Total trading volume in 2013 was down 35% compared to 2012.

In December 2013 volume on MX was essentially flat compared to the previous month, but increased 9% compared to December 2012. Overall volume in 2013 increased 3% compared to 2012. Open interest contracts at the end of December 2013 decreased 10% from the end of November 2013, and increased 2% year-over-year.

Volume on NGX in December 2013 increased 4% compared to November 2013, and increased 5% from December 2012. Overall volume in 2013 decreased 12% compared to 2012.

TMX Group Consolidated Trading Statistics – December 2013

About TMX Group

TMX Group's key subsidiaries operate cash and derivative markets and clearinghouses for multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income and energy. Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, TMX Select, Alpha Group, The Canadian Depository for Securities, Montreal Exchange, Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation, Natural Gas Exchange, BOX Options Exchange, Shorcan, Shorcan Energy Brokers, Equicom and other TMX Group companies provide listing markets, trading markets, clearing facilities, depository services, data products and other services to the global financial community. TMX Group is headquartered in Toronto and operates offices across Canada (Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver), in key U.S. markets (New York, Houston, Boston and Chicago) as well as in London, Beijing and Sydney. For more information about TMX Group, visit our website at http://www.tmx.com. Follow TMX Group on Twitter at https://twitter.com/tmxgroup.