Becoming a Member
There are three primary requirements that a firm must meet to become a Participating Organization of Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), Member of the TSX Venture Exchange or Member of TSX Alpha Exchange:
- Must be a member of a self-regulatory organization (SRO). In Canada, IIROC provides this service (www.iiroc.ca)
- Must have a CDS clearing account; and/or relationship with clearing facilitator. See www.cds.ca.
- Must establish electronic access to TSX and/or TSX Venture Trading Engine
In addition, there are several forms and applications that need to be completed in order to become a Participating Organization. The entire process typically takes 4-6 weeks granted there are no special circumstances.
STEP 1 - Contact a TMX Account Manager to initiate the process.
The Account Manager will guide you through the application process and help with any questions or concerns that arise during the process.
STEP 2 - Complete the necessary forms
Complete a Participating Organization/Member Application & Agreement for each desired marketplace (TSX, TSX Venture Exchange and/or TSX Alpha Exchange)
- Toronto Stock Exchange Application
- TSX Venture Exchange Application
- TSX Alpha Exchange Member Application
- Toronto Stock Exchange Agreement
- TSX Venture Exchange Agreement
- TSX Alpha Exchange Member Agreement
Complete a Personal Information Form for each controlling shareholder owning a stake greater than 20%, director and officer of the company. Original copies along with 2 notarized copies of personal identification are required.
- Personal Information Form
Pay the applicable Application Fees + HST. Cheques can be made payable to "Toronto Stock Exchange"
- Toronto Stock Exchange Application Fee
- TSX Venture Exchange Application Fee
- TSX Alpha Exchange Member Application Fee
Complete trader applications to register each new trader with TSX/V.
- TSX Trader Application
- TSX Venture Trader Application
STEP 3 – Arrange for electronic access to order entry and market data
It is also recommended at this step to review applicable rules including:
- Part II of the TSX Rule Book, "Access to Trading"
- Part II of the TSXV Rule Book, "Access to Trading"
- TSX Alpha Exchange Trading Policies
TMX marketplaces all offer testing environments designed to improve the customer development and testing experience. To access the test facilities, please contact email@example.com.
Participating Organization Membership Fees
Membership fees for each of TSX, TSXV and Alpha can be found in their respective trading fee schedules.